Bruce E. Bell

Avoiding Debt Discharge Income by Limited Liability Company

Question: I own a 50% membership interest in a limited liability company (“LLC”) which is taxed as a partnership and I also own stock in a S corporation. The corporation advanced funds to the LLC in 2017.  Since the LLC is no longer in business, do I as a LLC member have to report income from the non-repayment of the advance?