Melvin S. Newman
Mel Newman has practiced law in Chicago for more than 50 years in virtually all areas pertaining to business and corporate matters. He is a Certified Public Accountant and has been active in various Bar Associations in the Chicago area. Mel has also written and extensively lectured to trade organizations throughout the country, and conducts training sessions with various legal organizations for the benefit of younger lawyers. He is presently affiliated with the Firm in an of counsel capacity.
AREA OF LEGAL CONCENTRATION
Mel Newman’s primary focus is in the general corporate area, particularly with respect to mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings and exemptions, federal taxation, technology licensing, and antitrust matters.
- American Bar Association
- State of Illinois, U.S. District Courts of Northern and Central Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- J.D., University of Chicago School of Law
- B.S., Accounting, University of Illinois, Champaign