Real Estate and Finance
The Real Estate and Finance practice areas of SFNR provide a broad range of expertise to the firm’s sophisticated clientele. We represent clients in a variety of complex transactions involving development, construction, investment, financing and leasing of real estate throughout the United States. We provide our clients commercial real estate services for office, retail, industrial, manufacturing, warehouse, agricultural, hotel and multi-family properties.
Our attorneys provide advice and counsel at every stage of the transaction from inception through closing. We help clients structure, negotiate and document multi-party transactions with buyers, sellers, investors, municipalities, strategic partners and institutional lenders. From raw land construction, through day-to-day operations and leasing, our attorneys are trusted counsel and business advisors.
Tax planning is an important part of what we do and our attorneys have significant experience in like-kind exchanges, reverse exchanges and the creation of tenant-in-common and other advantageous ownership structures for clients seeking to leverage their investment in a tax efficient manner.
As part of our Real Estate and Finance practice, the firm’s attorneys regularly represent banks and private lenders in making secured loans to large and middle market companies, their owners and subsidiaries. Working alongside attorneys in the firm’s other practice groups, we offer constructive and cost efficient options for our lender clients to avoid unnecessary expense in managing and disposing of troubled assets. We also routinely represent clients in commercial foreclosures, workouts, deeds in lieu of foreclosure and many other structured settlements.
Real Estate and Finance Services include:
- Acquisitions and dispositions of commercial real estate
- Real estate ownership structuring
- Leasing on behalf of landlords and tenants
- Financing and loan document preparation and review
- Tax deferred exchanges (1031 exchanges)
- Development, construction and re-development
- Condominium and homeowner associations formation and operation
- Survey review, and title review and defense
- Land use, zoning and planning
- Commercial real estate development
- Real estate and loan syndications
FOR more information
Please contact Joan Berg or call 312.648.2300.