For trade associations and similar organizations to succeed in today’s increasingly competitive and cost-conscious environment, which is subject to greater governmental scrutiny and regulation, it takes knowledge, productivity, and an efficient pooling of limited resources. SFNR is a leader in representing organizations formed for a common interest to further the goals of an industry and/or its members. SFNR has extensive experience in guiding both for-profit and not-for-profit organizations from incorporation through operation and expansion. Most importantly, SFNR can suggest the very best structure to meet an organization’s goals and objectives while steering clear of adverse governmental action. Our years of experience working with trade associations, foundations, buying groups, and cooperatives assures that our organization clients will be ideally structured to meet the needs of their members.
Once the organization is established, we can assist in expanding the benefits to members through the formation of a Legal Defense Fund, a Political Action Committee, a Scholarship Foundation, and other member benefit programs and activities with the most efficient tax benefits. We have vast experience in the presentation of high impact seminars designed specifically for specialized industries. As attorneys, we are also steeped in answering challenges posed by legislative or regulatory issues and we have extensive experience representing and preparing organizations to effectively present their positions on an array of issues vital to their respective industries.
Specifically, the services we provide to our association clients include:
- Incorporation, Organization, By-Laws, obtaining Tax Exempt status.
- Buying Group and Cooperative Agreements to pool purchases and obtain maximum savings for members.
- Meeting programs specifically formulated for member needs.
- Governmental and regulatory matters.
- Hotel, convention center, management support, and related services for meetings or trade shows.
- Preparing employee manuals for the organization and its members.
- Preparing newsletters, columns, and articles for trade publications.
We provide legal counsel to the associations listed below, and offer our Expert Access program to members of any rep association that is a sponsor of the Manufacturers’ Representatives Educational and Research Foundation (MRERF). Expert Access provides a complimentary 20-minute telephone consultation to answer legal questions related to rep issues.
The Trade Associations we represent include:
- Electronics Representatives Association (ERA) www.era.org
- Manufacturers Agents for the Food Service Industry (MAFSI) www.mafsi.org
- International Housewares Representatives Assn. (IHRA) www.ihra.org
- Health Industry Representatives Assn. (HIRA) www.hira.org
- Association of Independent Manufacturers’/Representatives, Inc. (AIM/R) – www.aimr.net
- National Marine Representatives Assn. (NMRA) www.nmraonline.org
- Gift and Home Trade Association www.giftandhome.org
- Manufacturers’ Agents Council of the Assn. of Pool and Spa Professionals (APSP)
- National Electrical Manufacturers Representatives Assn. (NEMRA) www.nemra.org
FOR more information
Please contact Gerry Newman or call 312.648.2300.